Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Snipe Hunting

OMG! Man, I am usually the one pulling the pranks on people but today was the day that I got got for sure. Some of my youth group kids have made it their goal to expose me to as much country crazy activities as possible. I went carpe catching a few weeks back and that was really funny and scary at the same time. I couldn't believe that these kids wanted me to grab these huge fish out of this muddy water and then play with it. So weird, haha but anyways, I had been hearing about snipe hunting for a while now and I was excited when Bryan, my prankster of a friend told me that we could go tonight. So, I get all dressed up in camo gear, grabed my sack0 and got pumped to see and catch these "rare" birds. Little do I know, that the plan is to bring Joe out to the woods, scare him by claiming that coyotes and weird animals were out near me, have me sit on the ground holding a stupid sack and leave me there. That's snipe hunting at its best! A prank to prove how gulible someone can truly be. I feel like such a fool and if it wasnt for my roomie Jered telling me about the real snipe hunting, I probally would have been gearing up for more hunting tommorrow. It was really funny though and I love my youth guys for doing it but I feel bad for them because they might have just started a war. I don't know, maybe I will have mercy on them....NOT! haha. Today was a fun day; myself and the other interns met with, Paul, the senior pastor at Metro and asked him different questions about Metro and ministry in general and it was so cool. I felt like I learned so much time in the short time that I had with him. One of the most important things that I felt like he said was to "make sure you know what you want in a church" I think this is great because going into any church position interview, you are trying to sell yourself but the church is selling themselves as well so as a canaditate you have to word your questions in a way that they have to be honest and real. Just things like this make me think so much about the future and the oppertunities that I'm going to have in the future. It's exciting stuff. After the meeting, I went to Buffalo wild Wings with Jordan and Connor (other interns) and it was so good. If your wondering what kind of sauce I get at Bdubs, I'm a honey barq and mild kind of guy. They never let me down. I also had the first practice for the youth worship band and that was great. We have some talented kids and with some practice, they will sound awesome in a couple of weeks. Well its crazy but tommorrow is Thursday already and I have tons of stuff to do, but I'm pumped to getting back to drumming after a week off. It will be great. I get to play with an awesome and hilarious group of people. Oh yeah, something really awesome happened on Monday. JERED AND JORDAN GOT ENGAGED! I was so excited when Jered told me about the ring a few weeks ago and then this weekend when he told me that monday was going to be the day. They are great together and God is at the head of their relationship which makes it amazing. Can't wait to go to their wedding. I will always remember the day they met...they almost shared a half baked potato and the rest was history! Congrats guys. Well thats all for now folks. Until next time...

In Christ's Name
Joe
Philippians 4:13

1 comment: