Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Colorado! I love this place!

So my summer has finally begun and I say that because I arrived in Colorado today to start my summer with my Englewood Assembly family and I couldn't be more excited. I started my trek west yesterday at about 12pm and got here today at 4pm. Now I know what you might be thinking but NO! I didn't drive for over 28 hours. I drove from Chicago to Kansas City and stayed with my friends Mari and Ephrain and then I left out at about 630am this morning to finish the trip. Since last Friday I have put about 1500 or more miles on my car. Crazy! Well after a long boring trip (except for KC!) I ak finally in Colorado!
Once I got here, I went straight to the church and hung out with Jody, Ruth, Matt and some of the youth for a while and then I headed out to the Moreno's which is where I am staying and I'm sure I will be blogging a lot here as well. Leroy and Mae are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met. For them to open up their home to me for the summer is awesome. I'm so glad I get to stay here. Youth was fun as the kids got to know me better through asking me lots of questions. Shoe size, favorite thing to do in the summer, what I would do with a million dollars (buy a lambrogini), yep we covered it all. Haha. I love the group. They are awesome kids
Wow, today has been a long but great day. God is gonna do some amazing things in my life and the life of these students this summer. I'm so pumped to be apart of it! Well tommorrow, will be filled with cool stuff like staff meeting, food pantry stuff and hopefully some nba finals action with some of the youth. I'm so excited. Now its time to get some sleep. Peace ya'll!

Blessings
Joe
Jer. 29-11

No comments:

Post a Comment