Sunday, February 14, 2010

WHO DAT!

Okay so for some reason its been over a week since I last blogged on here but I have good reason for the aforementioned blog neglect. My computer has been giving me issues so I couldn't use it for a good chunk of last week and I also have been pretty busy lately with school stuff and life in general. I will admit that laziness has factored into it as well but I have to start blogging regularly because I want to stop wasting time on FB and other sites that are super time consuming and I feel like a lot of things are going to be going in the next few weeks that will be "blog worthy." That brings me to a major thing that happened this week. First off, the Super Bowl happened and the New Orleans Saints showed that they have come a long way since they were called the "aints" and beat the Indy Colts for their first Lombardi trophy. I have been telling people that I wasn't really too into the game because the super bowl has lost its mystique in my life. I loved watching because I was surrounded by some hilarious guys who happen to be some of my best friends. I went home last weekend for my niece's birthday and also to watch the super bowl and something totally unexpected happened. Spring Break is about a month and really I was planning on going on a fun trip with my friends from back home and just have a great time with people that I love but God changed that. Saturday while I was sitting at home watching t.v. before the big party for my niece Tanaya, New Orleans popped into my hear. Not Reggie Bush and Drew Brees, but the people of New Orleans came into my mind and at the time I really didn't know why. I mean I had remembered the email that I had gotten the week before about a missions trip to NO for spring break but I had never considered going. I knew that God was trying to tell me something so I ended up praying about it for a few days and it had become clear to me that I had 2 spring breaks and they both went to doing things that had nothing to do with God and it was all about me and this trip was an opportunity to give Spring Break 2010 to God and allow myself to be used by him to touch the lives of a lot of people in New Orleans. After I made the decision on Tuesday of this week, I had to act fast because my application, deposit and 35 fundraising letters were all due on Friday. I got everything turned in and now I will be going to New Orleans for a week to work to continue to rebuild the area. Hurricane Katrina was 5 years ago but there are still so many people who are still recovering and I'm excited to go to lend a hand. It's gonna be great.
Despite this trip happening, I've been feeling a bit distant from the Lord and I know part of the reason why. Life has a way of being so busy and so full of distractions that God can quickly drop down on the priority list and that's exactly what has happened in my life. When your too busy for God, that's a big issue and I have decided that that can't be me anymore, so this week, I'm gonna restructure my life to make sure that God is number 1 again. One of those things will be getting away from Facebook and all the other social networks that I do on a regular basis. Another will be limiting my T.V. watching to about an hour a day or maybe less. I really only want to see Biggest Loser. LOVE THAT SHOW.
Earlier today I picked up a book that I have been wanting to read for a while and it's called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I have so far only read a few pages and it is already blowing me away. I am gonna read it this week and I'm sure I will have at least one blog about it this week. Well, tomorrow starts another week and I'm pumped to see what God does in it. Until next time folks.

Blessings
Joe Canady
"just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Matt. 20:28
Currently Listening to

Currently Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment