Thursday, May 6, 2010

MOM-Oh yeah, I love her.

So this weekend is mother's day weekend and I'm so excited to go home and see my mom and grill out for her and all that good stuff. It's gonna be amazing. I truly have to say that my mom is the best mom ever. See she raised me and my sister by herself for the most part and I would say she's done a good job. Don't ya think? (shoot, that was corny) So many things about me can be attributed to my mom. I love meeting new people and hanging with friends. Like for real its super awesome. My mom is the queen of having friends. She knows everyone! My mom's laugh is extra, extra loud. My laugh is loud but my mom's laugh blows mine out of the water. I know its hard to believe but its very true. My mom also loves the Lord and really kept me in church all of my life. It's great because she supports my career path and my relationship with God. I kinda realized this a few days ago when I was thinking about going home, and honestly my mom was one of the main reasons why I never missed church all thru high school. Despite us going to 2 different churches from when I was about 11 til now, she would always get me up for church cause I would be super dragging from my usually long Saturday night. "Terrell (my middle name), you goin to church?" I can hear it in my head now. She would always make sure that I wouldn't oversleep. I didn't realize at the time how important that was for me and how much my mom has always supported me. Every sermon, i've ever preached, she has been there in the front row. Every bowling competition (yes, I was a beat bowler growing up), she was there. Football games, band performances (sometimes on the same day), she was there. I think about it and I realize how blessed I am because of my mom. Through the Lord and my mom, I want for very little things and for that I am eternally grateful and this weekend and everyday, I want to show my appreciation to the Lord and also my great mom.
I want to encourage everyone to truly take this weekend to honor the special mom in your life. Bottom line, is if it wasn't mothers, we would exist. Dishes wouldn't get done, laundry wouldn't get done, kids would get nurtured. Moms do alot and really are probably the most important part of a successful family. It's such a blessing to have strong mothers in this world that sacrifice for their kids and their families in every way. I LOVE YOU MOM and I can't wait to be home with you this weekend. Well hopefully, my next blog post will come from Da Brook but if not I will give a weekend recap on Monday. Until next time...

Joe Canady
Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment