Monday, May 10, 2010

Who are you Lord.

So first of all let me just say that this weekend was so great since I got to be at home with my family for mother's day. It was so refreshing to be with my family and really just get to hang out with my best friend Luke as well. I hadn't seen anybody from back home in almost 2 months so it was awesome!
Sunday was a great day since I told my mom a few weeks ago that I wanted to bbq at the house. My mom or any of my other family members knew that I could cook let alone bbq so they were all putting an entire mothers day dinner at stake without knowing the outcome. I suprised everyone though with my amazing ribs, chicken, burgers, brats, pork chops and hot dogs. I was extremely proud of myself and happy that I could bless my mom, family and some of our closest friends. It was such a great day. Especially since the Cavs lost, much to the delight of my mom. Haha.
Well today I made the long trek back to Greenville and during the 4 hour trip, I thought about this question that my pastor, Paul proposed a few weeks ago in a message on doubt. The question is "Who are you, Lord" I really thought about who God is to me and here are some of the things that came to mind...

Healer
Redeemer
My Everything
True judge
God of Justice
King of Glory
Amazing
Lover of my soul

Now really God is so much more than what I can put into words and I've been really realizing this more and more over the past month. I've been going through a serious storm over the past few weeks and as I said in a recent post, God has really been moving in my life in an incredible way through this. I hate that I can't be super specific about what's happening in my life but I hope in the future I will be able to cause its really amazing.
But what I want to end with this...my Lord is really someone who can't even be put in words. It's really unexplainable how God works and I have no clue what's gonna happen in the next few months but it has to be HIS way and not my way. I know if its his way, I will be fine and he will get the Glory in the end. That's what its about, guys and gals. I truly believe that if we are obedience to the Lord and fall into his plan and desires for our life, God will supply your every need and he will be glorified in your life. I have to rememeber that all the time, these days because of how hard, painful and difficult it is to just be silent and helpless in my situation at times. Obey and God will get the Glory. When times are hard, Obey and God will get the Glory. When it becomes too much to take, Obey and God will get the Glory.
It's pretty easy for me to say that but its hard to do at times because when you want something so bad, its hard to not have it and not know whether or not your going to have it again but its getting easier because of how great my God is. We serve a God who will never leave or forsake us. A God who is always right. A God who loves us more than we can every imagine. I know the Lord always has my back so I have to choice to obey his will for my life. Every single day is a choice. I thought about this a few days ago and its so true and its how I will say goodbye to you all til tommorrow. Love the 3 people who might read this...
"Everyday is a battle, but my Lord fights for me"

Blessings
Joe
Psalm 37.4

1 comment:

  1. Never forget...God is so faithful! Here's a favorite quote I absolutely love!
    "Every experience God gives us, every person He puts into our lives,
    is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see." -Corrie ten Boom Love ya buddy!

    ReplyDelete