Friday, May 21, 2010

Our God

Wow...well it's Friday and to say that this has been a tough week is an understatement. With school coming to a close, I have been under the gun to get everything finished which has meant some late nights and some serious stress but I think I worked it out for the most part. On top of that, I've really been struggling to get over some stuff in my life and the crazy part about it is I don't fully know why? That's the craziest part. The devil really knows how to get me down at times. It sucks. Sometimes I really just want to go back to a month ago and do things differently and maybe I wouldn't be feeling all of these terrible emotions but then I realize that there is no way I would be where I am now without the experiences that I have been thru over the past few weeks. I thank God for the unbelievable presence that he has been in my life through all of this but that doesn't mean that life doesn't suck sometimes. In the end though, I have to believe that the Lord is gonna bring me out of this storm and everything is gonna work out. Something that always makes me feel better about everything is hearing songs about the greatness of God and "Our God" by Chris Tomlin is one of those songs. It really speaks about how amazing God is. i mean honestly we serve a God who turned water into wine, opened the eyes of the blind and has done so many things. He's higher than any other, yet I stress and worry about things like like when I'm gonna have a girl to share my life, when I know that the Lord has an amazing plan and purpose for my life including an amazing woman. Man, trusting God in situations sometimes can be really hard but God is greater and stronger and higher than any other so everyday day I am called to trust him through the good and bad times. I have a ton of praises that far outweigh any struggles and worries that I have

Getting a great education
My amazing mother
Awesome friends who speak truth into my life
Awesome summer to spend in Colorado investing in the lives of young people
Great family who I love to death
Sweet Car
Place to live next school year
Two great jobs for next school year
Amazing church that allows me to play drums and be a youth leader. two of my passions
Great health

Man there are so many other things that i can put in here that God has truly blessed me with. It's really amazing. I'm so pumped for the future that God has for me and the doors that I know he is going to open in my life. I have some things to work on in my life to be fully ready for the plan and purpose that he has for my life but I know with the Lord's help my life is going to be amazing and it's gonna be all for the Glory of the King.

This weekend is going to be exciting as tomorrow I get to hang with some old friends. One of them is Jordan! haven't seen him since Xmas! Such a good dude. I also have a ton of cleaning and packing to do but I also get to play drums for Metro as well. I can't forget about graduation on Sunday. All three of my roommates are graduating. It's gonna be a great weekend. well thanks for reading this. I will leave you with my hearts cry right now and its "Our God" by Chris Tomlin. Love you all. Until next time...

Verse 1
Water you turned into wine opened the eyes of the blind
there’s no one like you none like you
Into the darkness you shine out of the ashes we rise
there is no one like you none like you

Chorus
Our God is greater Our God is stronger God you are higher than any other
Our God is Healer Awesome in power Our God, Our God

Bridge
and if our God is for us then who could ever stop us and if our God is with us
then what could stand against

Chorus
Our God is greater Our God is stronger God you are higher than any other Our God is Healer Awesome in power Our God, Our God


Blessings
Joe
Matthew 28:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment