Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just another maniac Wednesday

Some things I learned today

-Always check the weather channel before you get dressed in the morning-Rain, 60 degree weather and shorts do not mix. Speaking from experience here.
-Star wars is entertaining.
-Shaq wants Kobe to win a fourth ring.
-Conan O'Brien is hilarious!

Okay so the truth is I learned more things that what I just said today but these were some of the funny things that stood out of today. Today was a pretty productive day as far as my internship went. I met with Bryan, the youth pastor at the secondary branch at Metro and the main person that I will be working with when it comes to youth group things. We talked about a host of things youth related that I'm going to be doing and I learned a lot of helpful things that is going to be beneficial for me when I work through all of the planning and prep for a lot of my projects that I will be doing in the coming weeks. I also ate ate Ponderosa Steakhouse for the first time. They have great food and I know the owner. Bruce you are awesome! Todd and I talked at length about some great ministry and leadership things that I know will help this summer and later on in my future life of ministry. I'm glad to have some in my life like Todd to daily drop some knowledge on me. It's awesome. After a long day at the office, it was so great to watch Star Wars:Episode 4- A New Hope with one of my friends. I have never been a Star Wars fan at all and had never seen a movie until today. I really think after its all set and done that I can become a believer in the FORCE! Hans Solo is awesome and definitely my favorite character right now. "Will someone get this walking carpet away from me?"-Princess Laya. SOOOOO FUNNNYYYY. Anyways I'm excited to start a new day tomorrow and to play drums at praise band practice. Oh yeah and what kind of Lakers fan would I be if I didn't mention that game 1 of the NBA FINALS! is tomorrow. Kobe will not be denied! It's going to be a great Thursday. Well, until next time. Love you all.

In Christ's name
Joe
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment