Friday, June 5, 2009

You give love a Bad Name!

So yesterday was a pretty tiring day, which explains why I didn't post yesterday. One of the surprises of the day was the fact that worship band got canceled. Though I love playing drums in the band, this was a welcomed blessing for me because I got to go to Crave. Crave is the college aged ministry at Metro that I never get to go to because of band practice...sigh, but yesterday was different. I got to go hang out with a lot Cougars! If you don't know what that means, just think about Southern Illinois University Edwardsville's mascot, then it should make since. Hint: mascot is a cougar. ha ha. Okay but anyways with the games, worship and small group time, I had a great time just getting to find out what God is doing in the lives of my peers and that's always cool. I met a new christian who had gotten saved during the recent 30 days to live series and man was that cool. A lot of the people at Metro made some pretty serious changes in their lives because of this series and one of the coolest changes was seeing people set across the line of faith and this guy was one of those people. God is going to do some great things at Metro and with Crave because of people like Connor and Josh (Crave volunteers), people who just desire to see lives changed and are willing to put in major work to make it happen. I can't wait to see what God does. It surely will be awesome! Well today is my day off and I'm enjoying it. Especially since the Lakers got off to a great start in the finals last night. hopefully you all will be seeing a picture of myself in my Lakers NBA 2009 World Champions shirt and hat on here real soon! For some reason, my musical preferences are really odd, in the sense that they are all over the place and one of my favorite songs in Bon Jovi's "You give love a bad name." Maybe its the big 80's hair from the videos of something but I really love it. Can't lie. Well I'm to go look at the music video on you tube now...just kidding...maybe not but either way, until next time. Love you all.

In Christs Name
Joe
Philippians 4:13



Currently Listening to-Unbreakable by Fireflight



Currently reading-7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley, reggie Joiner and Lane Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment